1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
4 ounces cream cheese, broken into chunks
1 (1-ounce) packet Hidden Valley Ranch dry seasoning/salad dressing mix (If using a different brand, look for one that has 110 mg of sodium or less.)
1 cup chicken broth
1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons cheddar cheese
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Put the chicken and cream cheese into an Instant Pot.
- Whisk together the ranch dressing and chicken broth. Pour over chicken & cheese.
- Close and lock the Instant Pot lid. Select Manual mode and cook at high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, use a Quick Release. Unlock and carefully open the lid.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred the meat: Use one fork to hold the chicken steady. With the other fork, scrape and tear the chicken apart.
- Now turn the Instant Pot on to Saute.
- Whisk together 1-1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch with a little cold water. Add back to Instant Pot and whisk until smooth.
- Add the shredded chicken, cheddar cheese, and bacon to the Instant Pot. Saute for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, mix another 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch with a little water and then add to Instant Pot. Stir until well mixed.
- Press the CANCEL button to stop the cooking program.
Serve over buttered toast.
(Note: This tastes better than you’d expect. Kids would probably like it.)