¼ cup bread crumbs
¼ cup finely diced onion
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pound ground beef
½ pound lean ground pork
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
4 ounces (1/2 of an 8 ounce package) sliced cremini mushrooms (or baby bella, white or button mushrooms)
¼ cup dry red wine
2 cups beef broth (Kitchen Basics brand if you can find it)
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
- Combine bread crumbs, diced onion, egg, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic in a large bowl. Stir well and add beef and pork. Mix gently and form 8 equal-size patties. Place patties on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1 hour or more.
- Add oil to a large skillet and turn heat to medium high. Brown patties in batches, removing to a plate when done. Add sliced onion and saute until brown, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes more.
- Transfer onion and mushrooms to the Instant Pot. Add wine, broth, tomato paste; stir well. Add cooked patties to the pot and turn to coat.
- Close and lock the lid. Use Manual setting and cook at high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions (usually 10 minutes). Unlock and remove the lid.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Add mixture to the pot slowly, stirring constantly. Select Saute function; cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. The gravy will be fairly thin. Add an additional 1 tablespoon corn starch for a thicker gravy.