4 medium sweet potatoes
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup dried green lentils
1 cup pure tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
1 cup water
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
½ to 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon sriracha or more to taste
2 tablespoon tahini
¼ cup yogurt
⅛ teaspoon salt
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and brush the sweet potatoes, pat them dry with a dish towel.
- Prick each potato a few times with a knife and wrap each one loosely with foil.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour, or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Heat two teaspoons of olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the garlic and cook on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, water, maple syrup, mustard, smoked paprika, salt and lentils.
- Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer for about 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the sriracha, to taste.
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Add more water if needed to thin out.
Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven, and slice them lengthwise down the center. Expand the sides a little bit and top with about ⅓ cup of the bbq lentils. Drizzle with tahini sauce.