1 ⅓ cups flaked coconut
½ cup butter
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup crushed cornflakes or Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ to 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread the coconut out on a baking sheet and toast for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Add the oatmeal, cereal, coconut and chocolate chips (if using) and mix until combined.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies should be light brown at the edges and on the bottom. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.