- Thaw the cod overnight in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle salt over both sides of the fish and then let it rest for 10 minutes over a wire rack that allows for draining.
- Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Using medium heat, preheat a pan with olive oil over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the fish and cook just until it begins to flake around the edges.
1) If not completely thawed and drained prior to cooking, Pacific Cod will be watery, cook unevenly, and taste bad. Thawing and draining is an important step.
2) Unlike Atlantic Cod, Pacific Cod is very lean and prone to overcooking. When overcooked, it gets very tough and rubbery.