1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for greasing and brushing pastry
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
8 sheets phyllo dough
2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
12 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
1 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons honey
Roast the squash
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees.
- On a large, rimmed baking sheet, arrange the squash, drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the pepper flakes and black pepper. Toss with your hands to coat.
- Roast for 15 minutes, or until just tender. Decrease the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
Make the pie
- When the squash is almost done, line a large rimless baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay one sheet of phyllo on the pan and place each additional sheet on top at different angles to create a starlike shape.
- Arrange the roasted squash in the center of the phyllo, leaving about 1 1/2-inch border uncovered. Sprinkle the feta, olives and thyme over the squash. Drizzle the honey on top.
- Fold just the edges of the pastry up around the filling, leaving the center exposed. Brush the edges lightly with the olive oil.
Bake for 15 minutes, checking after 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden. Let cool for about 2 minutes before slicing and serving.