3 bagels, cut into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
1 bell pepper, chopped
3/4 cup quartered cherry tomatoes (or chopped regular tomato)
6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
9 large eggs
1 and 1/2 cups whole milk
1 and 1/2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar and/or mozzarella, smoked gouda, Swiss)
1/2 teaspoon ground (dry) mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 ounces block cream cheese, cut into bite-size pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Generously grease a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- Layer the bagel pieces, chopped pepper, tomatoes, and bacon into the dish.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, cheese, ground mustard, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Pour evenly over bagel mixture.
- Top evenly with pieces of cream cheese.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until center is set and edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.