8 Ritz crackers, finely crushed
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 egg, beaten
1 pound fresh crabmeat, well drained
¼ cup dry bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons butter
- Mix the 8 crushed crackers, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, seafood seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in crabmeat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs or cracker crumbs on a plate.
- Shape chilled crab mixture into 4 small thick patties; coat completely with crumbs.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-heat; cook crab cakes until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
Note: Instead of crabmeat, you can substitute 3/4 pounds shrimp (shelled, de-veined and finely chopped in a food processor).