1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
2 (10 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
chopped carrots and/or celery (optional)
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons cold water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine poultry seasoning, paprika, and garlic salt in a small bowl.
- Using the flat side of a meat tenderizer, pound the chicken breasts to about 3/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle with seasonings from small bowl and rub on both sides of the chicken. (You may have some seasoning mix left over.)
- Pour the oil into a larger skillet, turn on medium high heat, and brown the chicken breasts on both sides.
- Add the carrots and celery (if desired) to the Instant Pot. Pour in the chicken broth
- Set a trivet inside the pot, then lay the chicken breasts on top.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure for 5 minutes. (Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.)
- Release pressure using the natural-release method (10 minutes).
- Unlock and remove the lid. Remove chicken to a clean plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl and stir to dissolve. Switch pot to Saute function. Slowly whisk in enough of the cornstarch mixture to thicken the gravy to your desired consistency. Remove from heat and serve gravy over chicken breasts.