2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoons cumin seeds
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1 cup tomato, chopped
2 teaspoons coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or red chili powder (adjust to taste)
1 teaspoon vegetable masala (optional)
2 to 3 potatoes (1 pound) cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon garam masala (adjust to taste)
1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a large skillet, add oil, cumin seeds, and ginger. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes, coriander, turmeric, cayenne or chili powder and vegetable masala. Saute for another 3 minutes, then pour all into Instant Pot.
- Add potatoes and water to Instant Pot. Stir well.
- Start on Manual/Pressure Cook mode at high pressure for 2 minutes. When the pressure cooker beeps, press cancel and quick release the pressure manually.
- Add garam masala and lime juice. Stir.
- Optional, mash some potatoes with the back of the ladle. This will help thicken the curry. If you like a thinner gravy, you can add some water and let it come to a boil on sauté mode.
This potato curry thickens as it cools. Before eating, add water as needed and heat the curry.