2 eggplants (about 2-1/2 pounds total)
1 cup (5 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut several slits in the eggplants and place on a baking sheet. Bake until very tender, about 50 minutes. Let cool.
- Peel the eggplant, being careful to remove and discard all skin.
- Place in a colander and let drain for about 30 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the drained eggplant.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the feta cheese, Cheddar cheese, eggs and bread crumbs. Stir in the eggplant.
- Pour into the prepared dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.