1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped (or 20 oz package precut)
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 15-ounce can pumpkin
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup apple cider
1 cup half and half
1-1/2 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon curry (a mild yellow curry if you have one)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
roasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss chopped butternut squash with canola oil.
- Roast for 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- In a large food processor, puree the squash.
- Add pumpkin and blend. While blending, slowly pour vegetable broth, apple cider and half and half through the top. If the consistency seems too thick, add more broth and/or apple cider as desired.
- Pour into a large sauce pan and heat over medium to a gentle boil.
- Add honey, spices, salt and pepper.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Serve with roasted pumpkin seeds.